WinstonOur little Winston died on Monday morning. He ran into the road and was hit by a car. Josh came and told me what had happened and I couldn't believe that my little Winston was gone.
He was the best dog that has ever roamed the earth-at lease in my opinion.
I will miss his snuggles. I will miss his mid-night kisses, and the way he would climb under the covers when he was cold. I will miss the way he scratched on the side of the bed until you let him up-even though he could jump on the bed. I will miss his whines. I will miss they way he would steal your lunch if you didn't put it up higher before you left the room. I will miss how handsome he knew he was after he got his hair cut, and how proud he acted.

I will miss taking him on walks, and having him pee on every pole. I will miss his guard dog bark-and how he thought he was so big and dangerous. I will miss the way he loved his sisters, Tessa and Maggie. I will miss his extreme excitement when we came home, and how he would jump and paw until we said hello. I will miss seeing him lazily laying around all over the house. I will miss the way he would get excited and start running around in big circles all over the house. (that made everyone laugh.) I will miss hearing him eating in the middle of the night. I will miss the way that he loved to sit on the back porch in the sun shine and stare at the world for what seemed like hours. I will miss finding him behind the fridge so that he could stand next to the heater. I will miss playing fetch with him. I will miss his super soft hair-even for a poodle. I will miss the jingle of his tags on his collar. Mostly I will miss having him sleep with me. I loved how he would curl into a little ball right next to my tummy to sleep.

The night before he died he woke me up at 1:30 am and he gave me a big hug. He pressed his chest right against mine, and snuggled his nose into my neck. He was giving me a hug. Then he got up and crawled down under the covers and laid right next to me. I am glad I got this little chance to say goodbye. I knew that he loved me, and I know that he knew I loved him.
"God be with you 'til we meet again." ...and we WILL meet again.
2 comments:
What a wonderful tribute! Tears in my eyes and everything! Maybe my emotions are so close to the surface from that darn girls night out (which caused such a commotion)I miss Winston too.
Oh little Winston! You will be missed.
Necha - this post was so touching! I hope you're all doing okay with the loss of your little boy. I know he's looking down on you from above, and probably still sneaking down from heaven to give you midnight kisses.
Post a Comment