I know this picture is more grumpy than sassy, but you get the idea. This kid was BORN this way-I swear! I knew it when she was 3 pounds and laying in an incubator! I remember specifically telling Josh that we were in for it with this one! Boy was I right! And we still have 16 years of raising to do with her!This girl, at age two, rolls her eyes, stands with her hands on her hips, folds her arms and stomps out of a room, gives looks that I can't even begin to describe-looks that say, "Umm, I know. I am like, totally grown up already so, like, duh. Leave me alone because I know what I am doing." These looks are given after her parents say things like "Tessa, don't play with the blinds." She also says stuff to us that is pretty darn sassy. Last night at dinner Josh asked her if she wanted to say the prayer (because she usually wants to) and she just looked at him like he was crazy and said "Daddy, you go ahead." I about fell on the floor laughing, and Josh had to hold it together while he prayed. By the way-WE DO NOT let her see us laughing at her-because that would just urge her on.
In her defence, she is the sweetest, kindest, cuddliest little thing when she wants to be. I love her to death and I wouldn't have her any other way. I just hope we can contain the sassiness before she reaches her teens!!
No comments:
Post a Comment