Saturday, October 25, 2008

This one is for my Siblings!!! Happy Halloween!

Okay, so Dad told me to go through the Halloween stuff (all nine boxes of it) and throw 90% of it away. I don't know why he made ME do it. Well, I widdled it down to four boxes. I only kept the stuff that could really be used as costumes. I actually had a lot of fun going through it. So as I was throwing things into a garbage pile I thought I should snap a few pictures for the nostalgia of my siblings! So here you go family...all the "crap" from our childhood....
-The freaky head that mom made out of a wig stand

-The well tattered alien costume that I think Garrett wore

-All of our cool trick-or-treat bags that we had hidden in our rooms full of candy for months after Halloween...I didn't throw these out!

-The dog costume that was for the dog we had before Muffet...I can't remember that dogs name...I think it died before I was born. (okay-I asked Dad and Askum died before any of us kids were born. So they must have loved that dog like their baby for mom to sew a costume for it! I was like that with Winston too!)

-The dead lady veil/head thingy...Mom must have the blue fringy dress that went with it because it wasn't there.

-All of the bones
WE HAD SOME AWESOME HALLOWEENS!!! Halloween was always a huge holiday at our house!
So anyway-if you ever want Halloween costumes for free, ask Dad because I KNOW he would love to have a reason to store them, and not just have them sit there for 20 more years. Just so you know, I am being June Cleaver this year with all the granny stuff! You can see that post after Halloween!

3 comments:

Becky said...

NECHA!!! Stop the garbage truck... We NEED all of it! I don't know why, but I just love EVERYTHING HALLOWEENY... just put everything in a big box and label it for us.
You're the best!
and
if it's too late... then I'll only be sad until next Halloween :)

Cynthia said...

Garrett let me show him this after he was all set to go to sleep and I think (you know Garrett) that he enjoyed it - Anyway, he took time to tell me about things... Cute entry!

Mel & Annette said...

Happy Halloween to all four of your (plus Winston!) Hope your day is scaringly great!