Tuesday, October 14, 2008

New Calling in Church

For those of you whom I haven't told, I got a new calling in my ward. Josh and I have been the nursery leaders for the past two years. It was great because we had two little kids that would have been really hard to take to class with us. So we got to be in the nursery with them. A month or so ago Josh got called to be the varsity coach, 2nd councilor in the young men's, and one other thing (I will come back and fix this with his exact callings when I talk to him about them...but they are all with the young men and scouting programs.) Last Tuesday the bishop called me in and asked me to be the assistant pianist and chorister in the Relief Society. Whoopee! Just where I wanted to be!! I am very excited. I think they are mostly going to have me leading the music, but I will probably play the piano some too. Just thought I would let you all know!

4 comments:

Sally said...

Necha,
I just want you to know I went to bat for you. I knew it would be a place you would want to be for now. Don't get too comfortable though.
Matthew

Sally said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Cynthia said...

Congrats on the new calling - That does sound fun and it will be a great break from nursery. Enjoy!

Jennilyn Proulx said...

Congrats on the calling! We're working with the Primary and we love it so far!
So I was thinking we should have a get together sometime as one big step-family...but omit the step! Maybe around Christmas or something. I'll make the suggestion to Annette and Mel and let me know what you think!