For those of you that haven't heard-we took Tessa to the ER last week. We were on our way home from Salt Lake and she started throwing up. She had a tiny fever when we got home so I gave her some Tylenol and put her to bed. At mid-night I heard her making funny noises. It sounded like she was either throwing up or she couldn't breathe-or both maybe. So I ran in and she was sleeping but making funny noises. So I picked her up and she was burning up. I called for Josh and we took her in the living room and tried to wake her up-but she wouldn't wake up! We tried for 20 minutes to wake her while we called my dad to come help give her a blessing and stay with Maggie so we could go the the ER. Thank goodness for family close by! It was really scary! She woke up in the car on the way because she started throwing up. They ran tests and did their usual thing-IVs and meds and stuff. She was dehydrated and had a sore throat, but nothing else that they could find. They said she probably had a virus of some kind. She was doing much better after they got her fever down and got her hydrated. They wanted to keep her over night but we had them call her pediatrician, and she said to send us home, but that she wanted to see Tessa in her office in the morning. So we took her home. She did fine through the night and woke up happy as a jay bird! She was laughing and playing-no fever! I still took her to see her pediatrician, and she confirmed that she was fine, and we just needed to keep her hydrated. She also told me that the doctors at the ER wanted to do a (now I can't remember exactly what it was called) a spinal-something...they wanted to put a line in her spine to hydrate her faster, which would have been extremely painful and wasn't really necessary. Our pediatrician talked them out of it! Thank Goodness! But it all turned out okay in the end, and I am thankful to the doctors and nurses for all they did for my baby-even if they did want to give her a spinal-thingy! LOL. She is doing fine now! No worries!
I have never taken my children to the ER before. I didn't realize that until half way through being there. It seems like we have, probably just because I have been there so many times-lol, oh well. Hopefully it was the one and only time I ever have take my child to the ER! (Knock on wood)
The time I was scammed and Tangents!
1 hour ago
3 comments:
That's so scary! I would have been freaking out. Thank goodness for priesthood blessings!! I'm sure that had something to do with her being just fine the next day! I'm glad all is well again. PHEW, I was really worried as I read through that. I feel like I need to do some yoga to relax now. I'm also glad they didn't need to put that thingy in Tessa back. That doesn't sound like fun. I'm glad she's healthy again.
I'm glad she's doing so well. I hope you never take a child to the ER again!
So glad that all is well. I'm glad that you kept the girls away from the chicken pox too! That was a wise move on your part. xoxox
Post a Comment