Monday, June 23, 2008

A weekend at the Ranch

The Davis family has been going up to the ranch for the last several years, kind of as an unofficial Clark Family Reunion to celebrate Gary and Marilyn's birthdays. It's a really fun time! Here we are around the fire pit.
Josh and Maggie
Tessa having a snack
Matthew and Sally making lunch
Emily even came up with the new baby!
And Winston had a ball playing with the other dogs...the only problems was that he thought he was bigger than them.
My Dad and Doreen came up on his bike for a few hours! Here is dad with Maggie.
And here is cute little miss Maggie-what a flirt!
That's Charlotte, and Sally in the background.
And Allison wishing she could be on the other side of the fence playing in the ditch with the older kids!
The kids had a blast fishing in the ditch. Brianna even caught an old leather glove!
The girls soaking their feet
Tessa and Allison coloring on the floor in the house.
Grandma and Grandpa Davis out playing on the reservoir...Grandma Annette even got brave and jumped out for a swim!

I didn't take this picture...I think Sally did. It's all the kids playing on the-whatever that big machine is!

Now...I bet you are wondering, "Well where are the pictures of Necha?" Well, there aren't any. My husband and I have a little joke. Every time we get back from a trip and take a look at the pictures I always say, "I wasn't on the trip." because there is not proof that I was. I am always the one with the camera...sometimes I even hint for him to take a few pictures, but he never does. "sniff sniff." Oh well. I guess I wasn't on that trip. Maybe one of you could mention how much you missed seeing pictures of me to him, and that he ought to pick up the camera and take a few pictures his beautiful wife!

2 comments:

Mel & Annette said...

I haven't even looked at my pictures yet. Hope that they turn out good because I want to post them too. I have the same problem of not being in the pictures that you have. I told Mel that everyone will think that he does all of the work in the yard, and I sit around and do nothing, because I take pictures of him working and there's none of me. xoxox

Leslie said...

What a fun trip! I have the same picture problem. I usually have to hand Jim the camera and say, "Take a picture of me!!" Then I sound self-centered or something. I wish he would just say, "Oh honey, let me take a picture of you, because you're so beautiful right now, I don't want to forget this moment and how you looked!" A girl can dream, can't she? I don't think I can picture Jim EVER saying something like that without a big sarcastic smirk on his face. Oh well.