Monday, May 26, 2008

Tessa's First Hair Cut

Tessa is 21 months old and she has never had a hair cut. What can I say...my kids don't have a lot of hair! Josh has never cared how I dress the kids, or how I do their hair, but he has always asked me to please, "Not let our kids have mullets." Well Tessa had a definite mullet. I know I could have taken her somewhere to get her hair cut, but I didn't want to spend the money, and I didn't want to bother friends with it. So I had to either leave her with a mullet until her top hair "caught up" or brave it myself.
See that...that is a true mullet! I decided I was going to do it so I called Josh to see if he would be mad if I screwed up Tessa's hair. He said yes-he would be mad, but that it would grow back so to go ahead.
I was very nervous. I have NEVER cut hair before-unless you count helping Josh buzz his nephew's head. I decided that it would be easiest to do while she was eating because then she MIGHT hold still...but even with that I knew I was in for a fight.
Here she is eating potatoes while I chop away!
That is all the hair I cut off...Not Much!
It's a little uneven, but that's the best I could do-especially since she was shaking her head the whole time and swatting me away.
It's not the best hair cut, but I DO think it is better than the mullet!
Here she is saying, "No pictures no pictures!"
See-it doesn't look TOO bad does it??

3 comments:

Leslie said...

Tralee's rockin' the mullet look right now. I don't think I'm brave enough to cut it yet. Kudos to you. You did a great job, I think Tessa's new hair cut is darling! Good job.

Mel & Annette said...

She's beautiful as always. Now you need to watch that she doesn't try to cut it again herself!

Cynthia said...

Looks great - Hope we get to see you all on Saturday. I'm glad Maggie's ok.