Tessa had a busy day of mischief yesterday. I am going to skip the part about "And where was her mother?" because that would just incriminate me.
I walked into the kitchen and this is what I saw-Tessa and the fruit basket. She immediately started crying because she KNEW she was doing something she wasn't supposed to, and I was trying not to laugh. I ran back into the living room and grabbed the camera.
She had the bananas peeled and all over the floor, a loaf of sweet bread half gone, and she had just started in on the avocado.
She was very sad.
She must have eaten the whole chunk of bread that is dug into because there were only a few crumbs on the chair and floor. (I swear I feed my child!)
Four bananas (all that we had) were peeled open, and she hadn't eaten a morsel of them.
And after I made it worse by taking pictures of her in her moment of shame, she wanted lots of love. Later that evening she kept getting into the dog dish. She loves to put the dog food into the bowl of water. She did that several times and sat in time out, until I finally put up the baby gate to keep her out.
She very rarely goes to sleep anywhere but in her bed, but today she exhausted herself to sleep on the living room floor. There is a saying that goes "A mother's baby is most beautiful when she is sleeping." and today that was certainly the case! It's funny how you can be so frazzled by your children, and then they fall asleep and you think they are the most beautiful things you have ever seen.

4 comments:
That's hilarious!! What a funny little girl! Looks like you have a mischievous one on your hands. She's a smarty pants too -- tears always helped lessened the trouble I would be in!! How can you resist those little eyes full of tears. . . you can't, it's impossible!
I am always impressed by those inspired mothers who think of getting their camera FIRST when they see a real mess that their child has made - You're great!
I heard a child psychologist once say that if a child was misbehaving, Jesus wouldn't have said, "go to your room." He would have said "come unto Me." I think that you must heard that too. You're an amazing mom! Love you!
Post a Comment