Saturday, April 19, 2008

Guess Who's Crawling!

That's right, Miss Maggie figured it out! One morning Josh and I were both sitting there watching her, and she just took off! It was so awesome to see my baby crawling! And I am so glad that Josh was there to see it too. Daddies usually miss all the "firsts" so I am glad he got to see it! Now she is all over the house!

The first time she ventured out of the living room was pretty exciting too. Babies just kind of stay where you put them, and when they start going from room to room you really better watch out!

She does this funny standing up thing that I tried to capture in a picture but it was very hard because she wouldn't do it if she knew I was watching her. She gets up on her feet, like she just isn't getting where she wants to go fast enough by crawling. Then she just holds that position for awhile, almost like she is doing yoga!
I am very proud of her! She is working with occupational therapy to "catch up" because she was a preemie. Bonnie, her therapist is very impressed with her because she gives us a job to work on for the week and when she sees her again she is always doing it! She actually started crawling on the morning that Bonnie was coming to work with her! This week we are supposed to be working on getting from sitting to crawling, and last night Maggie did it all on her own! Now we need to work on crawling to sitting! Yay for Maggie!

3 comments:

Cory, Jeri, Brock and Parker T. said...

Oh, don't you just feel like every age is your favorite. I do. She is darling.

Leslie said...

She looks so proud of herself for crawling! That's really cute. Tralee used to do that same butt-in-the-air yoga-looking pose. I think it's one of those steps towards standing/walking. I bet if you blink when you open your eyes, Maggie will be walking, at least it felt that way for me. One second Tralee's a little baby crawling around and the next minute she's a toddler screaming in sacrament meeting because she wants to walk out of the pew. Ah. . . motherhood.

Cynthia said...

Wow! She's really growing. She'll have to show off for us this weekend.