Maggie has been making some major strides all at once. On the same day she sat up by herself for the first time (I sat her up and she stayed) and she got up on her hands and knees. Those are the two things we have really been working with her on. She gets occupational therapy because she was premature, and her therapist has had me doing exercises for those two things specifically. So when she did both of them on the same day I was pretty excited!
Then three days later we decided it was time to give her solids. She is ten months old, but her adjusted age (due to prematurity) is seven months. I didn't want to feed her before she was ready, and her nurse told me that I should wait until she was sitting up. But lately she had been "demanding" food. One day she got an apple away from her big sister several times and she would suck on it. Every time I would take it away she would throw a fit! So I bit off a chunk and helped her suck on it. She has been grabbing for everything we eat, and staring us down during every meal! So we decided (with a little help from Emily-whose opinion is almost always my deciding factor) that it is time to give her solids.
I can't lie though. She has had a bit of rice cereal here and there-just to experiment. She always gagged on it. But this time she couldn't get enough!!Now we just need a picture of her on her knees!




2 comments:
What a cute and super smart girl!
I laughed really hard when you said that she was "staring you down" during dinner. The pictures are awesome. You do a great job on your blog. If you're interested you might want to add Cory and Jeri and C.J. and Jennilyn's sites to yours so that you can see theirs too.
Post a Comment