I had a great Mother's Day.
My gift to myself was my 10K, which was the day before. (see previous post.)
So on Mother's Day I couldn't move. lol. But really. I walked like one of my legs was 4 inches shorter than the other.
I woke up first, and woke up Josh and told him I'd pretend to sleep while he went and got me breakfast in bed. I am NOT a breakfast person. I requested cereal. But I try to be a good sport about the whole breakfast in bed thing. Its just not my thing. But the kids would be disappointed if it didn't happen. Oh the things we do for our children! ;)
I LOVED all of the hand made gifts from my children, and the impromptu puppet show at the end of the bed while I ate my cereal.
Like I said, I was sore. So we got ready for church, and I tried to not limp around my sunbeams and scare them. (I should also add that my soreness was SO worth it, and it just reminded me of the awesomeness of the day before.)
I enjoyed spending the evening with my family. I love being a mom. My husband and my children are my greatest joy, and on Mother's Day I feel like I should be celebrating them because they are what make me a mother.
Happy Mother's Day!

No comments:
Post a Comment