Monday, October 28, 2013

Carving Pumpkins

 Tonight we carved pumpkins for Family Home Evening! It was a fun/squishy/messy time!
Maggie was brave, and reached right in to help remove the seeds!
 The girls designed their own pumpkins, on paper first, then they drew the design they wanted onto their pumpkins, and Josh and I helped them carve them.

Josh always does intricate details on his pumpkins. I just don't have the patience or the talent for that but I am always amazed at what he comes up with. This year he carved a minion. He doesn't cut out holes usually. He actually carves the pumpkin to work with the different levels of light that will come through the pumpkin. I think it is amazing. He is super talented. He actually didn't finish his pumpkin for lack of time, but this is what he has done so far...
We had a great time carving pumpkins, and I have all the seeds boiled and drying so I can roast them tomorrow! 
Hurray for Halloween!

No comments: