This year Doreen (My step mom) planned a girls night out to go see the Nutcracker Ballet. I thought it was the perfect opportunity to spend some extra quality time with my girls. My step sister Carly and her daughter Riley were also there. These three cousins just absolutely LOVE each other. When they get together it is nothing but squealing and giggles.
We decided to make it fancy. We dressed in our Sunday best, went to eat a a fancy restaurant (Olive Garden,) and then to the ballet.
The girls were so funny trying to eat "fancy." Maggie tried to cut her bread sticks with a fork and knife. Then she would shove a giant piece in her mouth and use the fork and knife to shove it all in her mouth. But because she had cut it with a fork and knife it was still "fancy."
When we got done with dinner we drove to the Egyptian Theater. Inside Grandma had "fancy" gifts for the girls...tiaras and jewel bracelets. They were over joyed!
![]() |
| The three Amigos |
![]() |
| Me and my Girls |
![]() |
| Grandma and the girls |
As we walked into the auditorium the girls skipped and danced and twirled down the isle.
The ballet was AMAZING! I was so impressed. We had great seats in the 6th row, and had an excellent view. We went and peeked at the live orchestra down in the orchestra pit. The ballet dancers were all so talented. The girls were on the edge of their seats the whole time. They laughed at certain parts (Like when the rat king died and sat up and waved, then laid back down. Or when the children came out from under the giant lady's dress.) They asked lots of questions and said things like, "I know those rats are just people in costumes." I looked over at them every few minutes to make sure they were enjoying it as much as I was. Tessa literally sat on the edge of her seat with big eyes for the entire 2 hours. During the intermission they got up and danced like ballerinas in the isles. Maggie loved it, but fell asleep 10 before it ended.
The whole thing was amazing. I am so glad I had this night to spend with my daughters. I think we may have begun a new tradition.










1 comment:
How fun!
Post a Comment