Saturday, December 1, 2012

Getting a Christmas Tree

 This year we didn't get a tree as early as we normally do, partially because we had family in town the weekend after Thanksgiving, and partially because we were all very sick. So we went this weekend instead! I was a little sad that we weren't able to go with Matthew and Sally or Mom and Dad. We always end up going with them, but weren't able to this year. But it was fun with just our little family anyway. We had a great time.
 There wasn't nearly the amount of snow we are used to in the mountains. Usually we are up to our waists in snow. The first area we went to had no more than an inch or two, and it was hard frozen snow. (As seen above.)
 The second area we went to had a lot more snow! It was actually the area we always camp in, in the Summer time, so that was kind of fun to see it all covered in snow. The girls played with the sled, made snow angels, and just had fun in the snow while Josh and I looked around for a tree.





Just a pretty view of the river

 We got home and got our tree up and decorated. We both agreed that it is the prettiest tree we have ever had. We feel blessed to be able to keep up our tradition of going to cut down our own Christmas Tree. It's such a wonderful tradition. It makes me feel all "Old Fashioned Christmas" -like. Nothing beats it!
 And now, I can finally say that I am feeling in the Christmas Spirit. I wasn't feeling it at all-because of the lack of snow we are having here. I'm used to piles and piles of snow, and we have none in town, and very little in the mountains. I still hope we get some, but it can still be magical without it. 
MERRY CHRISTMAS!

No comments: