I have always wanted a garden. The only problem was that in our yard, the only good place for one, with enough sunlight, was RIGHT where the huge pine tree was. My husband has always wanted to cut it down because it wasn't very healthy, and it took up a huge part of the yard. And so I talked him into making a garden for me in it's place!
I've always had this dream of having a little Peter Rabbit Garden. :)
![]() |
| Dad and Josh working to remove the stump |
And so, after a lot of work on Josh's part the tree came down. We built raised beds.
We planted the Garden. I guess this is a good place to mention that this is my VERY FIRST garden!! Josh does a lot of gardening at work and had to walk me through the process of how to plant, but I got the hang of it really fast, and now it's MY garden...rather than Josh's garden to babysit Necha through. lol.
![]() |
| Necha Planting the Garden |
We had one small problem. The day after we planted the dogs just couldn't resist the temptation to run around and dig in my garden. I may or may not have had a mild fit that we do something now to keep the dogs out. *blush* Josh got busy and built a fence around it right away. And now it really is my little Peter Rabbit Garden!
However, as soon as the fence was built, the dogs just jumped right over it to get into the Garden anyway. So up went the green wire fencing. Now they really can't get in!
It's been a very warm Spring (for the most part) and so we were able to plant early. The tree came down in April, and we were able to plant the more hearty vegetables on May 4th. The rest of the garden I planted on Memorial Day. Its all starting to come up! I was so excited the day the first little peeps of green started breaking through the soil! I also got some raspberry starts from my dad's house, and I will be getting some rhubarb soon. I think it's going to be a wonderful little garden! Its been a lot of fun so far!
Now if only I could keep the Aphids off my Spinach.








1 comment:
Last year we planted our first garden. We learned a lot and even though it was a lot of work it was fun. We planted again this year.! I <3 your garden! It looks great! :)
Post a Comment