Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Princess Neville

Last night we were getting ready to go to the movies with our kids. I was rounding up the dogs to put them in their kennels so we could leave. I said to Tessa, who had been playing with Neville, our new puppy, "Where is Neville?" and she as a matter of factly replied, "He's in my drawer."

I rushed into the room and said, "What! Which drawer!?" and she said, "That one." I opened the drawer and there was a scared little Neville hunched down in the back corner. I grabbed him and checked to make sure he was ok. He was. He wasn't in there long because I had just seen him about 3 minutes before. I am not one to not keep a close eye on a 1.5 lb unpotty trained puppy. I didn't get mad at Tessa; how was she to know you don't put puppies in drawers. But by my reaction she immediately started crying and was very upset. She thought she hurt the puppy, and it scared her. So we had a talk about why we don't put puppies in drawers. (Similar to the talk I had with Maggie yesterday about why we don't lick mirrors in public places...or any places.)

Tessa just loves her puppy. She treats him like a doll, and carries him everywhere. She reads to him every night. And this morning she made him play Barbies with her.
I see the stressed look on Neville's face and all I can think about is Darla on "Finding Nemo," only Tessa is Darla, and Neville is Nemo.

She is actually very good with him. She is very soft with him, but you can see the "Please save me!" look on Neville's face. Poor little guy.


But he is very loved, and I have just decided to limit Tessa/Neville time a little bit.

1 comment:

Kami said...

How cute! What a cute little puppy! I use to have a little black toy poodle.