Tuesday, June 28, 2011

4th of July Decor

I am just not one of those "Cutsie" home decorators. I have no inspiration. I read all of these blogs and their homes are so darling and colorful, and then I look at my house and it just seems brown and black everywhere...because it is. I have no idea how to decorate. I know how to be clean, but I don't know how to decorate.

THAT is why I love it when people (or blogs) give me step by step, easy, cheap, "Anyone can do this" type crafts to decorate my house. This is a free print out that you can find HERE!
And HERE you can learn how to make these cute pinwheel/fireworks/stars.
I taped one onto the printout, hot glued 3 onto kabob sticks, and made the rest into a cute garland! I thought they all turned out so cute, and now I can be festive and cutsie for the 4th!

Next I might try the paper lanterns...if I can find some red white and blue paper sacks!

2 comments:

Kami said...

Cute! :)

Lin Ryals said...

I love it!! I am not cutsie either. hehe! You did awesome!! We are remembering it with fireworks and watermelon instead of decorating. I'm just lazy that way. =o)