Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Meet Neville!

We have a new family member! Neville joined us late Monday night!

It kind of happened really fast. One day Josh casually mentioned that he would kind of like a Labradoodle (Lab and poodle mix.) I took him seriously and started researching Labradoodles. The next morning he came home from work and said "Maybe we should get another toy poodle instead." Well, I was gone after that...there is no stopping me once I get my mind on something! So I texted my brother, which is who we got Winston and Edgar from, to ask if any of his family has any poodle puppies for sale. They had just sold the last one, so I was kind of bummed. But Josh suggested looking on KSL. Tada! The next day I talked to a lady in Manti Utah, and she just HAPPENED to be coming to Evanston that night! So she brought little Neville (Who they were calling Henry) And that is how he came to be in our family.
The girls loved him instantly!
Edgar loved him instantly also...although I was a little nervous how he would react, but he just loves him. He wants to play with him constantly.
He is just a doll!
Maggie, in two days, has gotten to where she doesn't really care anymore, but Tessa! She is in love. She holds him for hours, and even reads to him. He doesn't seem to mind her attention at all! Today she made him play house with her, and he was the baby.
We are already totally in love with him. He reminds me of Edgar, only a lot bigger than Edgar was at 8 weeks. (Edgar was the runt and about half Neville's size.)
He looks just like Edgar, only smaller of course. He is very rambunctious when you can wake him up! He loves to sleep, and he wants to be held all the time. He already follows me everywhere. We just love him!

*Where do I get all of these crazy dog names? I don't know. They just come to me. Winston was a fluke. I had a teddy bear named Winston, and I picked up this fuzzy little puppy and said to Josh, "Don't you want Winston?" and that was just his name after that. I always said I named him after Winston Churchill. Edgar's name came from Edgar Allan Poe, who I had to study a lot in college. I liked it because Edgar was a black dog, and Edgar Allan Poe was kind of a dark, mysterious writer. Neville got his name from Neville Chamberlain, who along with Winston Churchill was a prime minister of Great Britain. I know nothing about Winston Churchill or Neville Chamberlain. For all I know they were a bunch of dip wads. But I liked their foofy old man names for my dogs. And they are dogs...when else and I going to get to name something some crazy name! :)

2 comments:

Tom and Juli said...

ooo I'm so jealous! haha. I want a poodle (or any poodle breed) so bad!

Amanda H said...

Speaking of dog names. I was watching New In Town and I laughed outloud when the assistant mentioned that something about a dog named Winston Churchill.