Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Our Merry Christmas!


We had a great Christmas! My parents came over, and brought with them my brother Jenning, and his wife Mandy, and my brother Joseph slept at my house so he didn't have to get up and get dressed...smart boy.

On Christmas Eve, after Santa had come, my brother Joseph and I were talking about what was going on in the morning. I said I thought it was dumb that everyone was coming over, and not bringing their presents. I said I felt dumb just sitting there opening our presents in front of them. Then I just jokingly said we should go steal their presents and bring them over....well if you know Joseph, you know what happened. That's right. We went over to my parent's house at midnight, with bins, and took every present from under their tree...and their stockings.

Half way through stealing them I got nervous and thought they would be mad in the morning. I tried to talk Joseph out of it at that point, but he was determined. We got home with our loot...stuck it under our tree, and went to bed. I was up all night worrying that they were going to me SO MAD when they woke up in the morning and there were no presents.

I underestimated them because they didn't even notice. It took them 10 minutes in the morning to even notice that the presents were gone, and then they found my note which said something like:

The Grinch has struck. If you want your presents, come to Who-ville.

(Joseph did it ALL!!)

(Don't be mad)

(Please don't kill us)

(Bring Scones)

Merry Christmas!

And then they came over in the morning laughing, and saying it was the funniest thing ever.

PHEW!!!

It was a good Christmas. Josh worked really hard to build the girls a doll house, and Aunt Emily made the girls doll furniture which is the cutest stuff ever!
(Click on the collage to see it bigger.)
We spend the day visiting family, eating yummy food, playing with toys, and drinking lots of Mt. Dew which was a must for me since I had been up all night long worrying about theft charges.

We hope you had a good one too!!



5 comments:

Emily said...

Oh my gosh that is quite the doll house!!! I love it!! I always thought the tiny ones had no real purpose and if you were going to have a doll house have it big!

Kami said...

such a cute doll house. love the grinch story.

Adelina Priddis said...

That is so awesome!! And what an amazing dollhouse!

Leslie said...

So fun!! Love the doll house! Love the grinch story. Awesome!

Gina said...

I'm glad you had a good Christmas and no one got mad! I'm sure your girls love that doll house, it looks amazing!