Tuesday, November 23, 2010

When you have nothing else to talk about...talk about the weather...

Saturday Evening Josh put the Christmas Lights on the house, well part of them anyway. It was a little bit cold, but it wasn't too bad, and there was no snow or anything. He finished right before it got dark, and came down and we went into the house. Literally about 1-2 minutes later we heard pelting at the windows and really strong winds. We looked at each other like "What is that!" We had just been outside, and it was nice out, so we thought it very odd to be hearing a heavy storm. I opened the back door and got a face full of snow. Within one minute of that the ground was completely covered in snow, and you couldn't see across the street. Within 15 minutes it looked like this:
I was just thanking God that my husband got off the roof before this storm hit. The winds were so high, and the snow was actually ice at the beginning. And it hit suddenly. I am sure that if it would have hit when my husband was on the roof, he would have been knocked down or had a really hard time getting off the roof because of the ice that instantly covered it. I just really feel like he was protected, and that the storm was held off until he could get down off the roof.
And of course Josh thinks I'm overreacting. He thinks I underestimate his abilities to get off a slippery roof. And while I know my husband is a talented "roof getter-offer," Accidents happen. And I think he was protected from a major accident.
Anyway! Monday we had some fun in the snow! It was cold out...the bitter kind. But the girls wanted to play outside, and I couldn't get them to come in. So instead I took pictures.



This is Tessa with her "Snow Baby."
I took this picture this morning with my phone. It's the eve on our house. You can see the Christmas lights hanging from the roof, and the huge slide off of snow that is covering them. Well...I am not sending Josh up there to knock it down...I can tell you that much.

Wish us luck in this Winter Wonderland! We are supposed to get 6 more inches today, and 6-10 more inches through the night. And tomorrow the high is supposed to be -2 degrees.
Yippee for Hot Chocolate and Cozy Fireplaces! :)

(P.S. I hope you who are coming up for Thanksgiving will be able to make it!)

1 comment:

Kami said...

Wow that's a lot of snow! It has snowed here, but melted quickly! :)