Friday, November 19, 2010

What have I gotten myself into!?

Well, I got this great idea to make my own recipe book. My recipes are basically just an upheaval of books, cards, loose papers, and post its. It's very unorganized. So I thought I would start taking pictures of our dinners, and then make them into a recipe scrap book of sorts. So I began the adventure. It was fun...for a day. It got really old really fast, to have to arrange my food to look pretty on the plate. And then make the family wait while I took photos of it. And then of course there is the uploading, editing and putting together recipes. Lots of work.
But I have about 25 recipes so far, and It's not like I can just junk the project now...what a waist! So I keep pushing on. The pictures are pretty though! Right!!?
And I absolutely love the outcome...beautifully printed recipe pages of MY cooking, in clear plastic sheets that can be wiped off...and so I will continue.
Tonight is "Smoky Chipotle Black Bean Chilequiles."

3 comments:

Emily said...

that is a BRILLIANT idea!!

BRILLIANT!

Kami said...

Your girls are going to love this book when they get older! :) I think you should post one recipe and picture a week. It'd sure help those of us (or maybe just me) who can't cook! :) Your meals looks delicious!

Becky said...

Can we get copies? I know I would love to have those recipes :)