Thursday, August 19, 2010

Platt Family Reunion

We had a reunion over the weekend. It was a lot of fun!!
Not all of the family could be there. Ben is in Germany, Shawn had to have surgery on his ankle (kind of last minute.) And Joseph is on a mission. We missed them all! Sorry you guys couldn't be there!! I am mostly just posting pictures, because 1...it's what I do! And 2, so that my family that couldn't be there can see them!
Above is Tessa and Andy riding the car-thingy.
Below...the master himself cooking some wicked camping pancakes.

Josh
Amanda and Andy
Playing "Blokus."
Thanks Ben for teaching me how in Texas!
Josh and I had our 6th anniversary while there! Love you Josh!
Tessa wasn't too enthused about the water. She wanted to play in it from a distance, and when she got trapped on the other side of the river, her heroic cousin Jonathan tried for about 30 minutes to try to help her across the very shallow water. He tried to carry her, hold her hand, use a stick, and more. What a chivalrous lad! Eventually I went across and got her.
Me and the Girls
Maggie
Andy
The girls dressed up for "story time."
Thank you Amanda for planning activities!!!
The girls
She picked flowers for her mother! Aww!
The boys made a zip line. It was really fun to watch. I tried and tried to get my kids to go on it, but they wouldn't.
It was a really fun time camping with the Platts. I don't get to see my family as much as I would like to. It's hard when the family is scattered like we are. But it is fun to get together.
(Hey guys! We really should try to get together more often...5 times a year, at best, just isn't cutting it!!)

No comments: