We have this ugly print in our camping trailer. (In it you can also see the ghost of me taking the picture...sorry.) Well I don't like it. It's "foofy" and not a "camping" style picture.Years ago, when Josh and I were children, we took art lessons from my mom. Josh has one of his painting hanging in his office at work. Its of an Indian on a horse. It's really good. It would be perfect for our trailer...but it's matted and framed. So I went looking through our art work and found this...

PERFECT!
Except it's not finished. Josh whined. He said he didn't know how to paint any more. He said he couldn't finish it before we went camping anyway-so why do it. yada yada...excuses excuses.
Finally he relented to finish it, if I helped him, and I finished my two paintings as well:


6 comments:
I love the blues/greens - they're very healing to me... I wish I had your talent (regardless of how unused it may be. :)
Beautiful work!! I saw a comment from you on Mrs. R's blog and I went... hmm, her name sounds familiar... how do I know her? Anyway, figured it out, I used to be in the LDS moms group on CM. :)
Nice work! I did a similar post about art today too. We must have espn. (p.s. I know it's really esp, but I thought it would be funny to say espn. . . like in that movie. What movie was that anyway?) Way to go you little artists!! Maybe after you finish those, you can work on some nudes. JUST KIDDING!!! But really, if you need a model. No!! I'm kidding.
I'm tired. Can you tell?
Those are awesome! You guys are both really talented.
I'm amazed at the parts left unfinished. Were these drawn before painted? Or do you just leave the canvas unpainted where you are going to put the fence and the building etc. You would think I would know this with my mom being an art teacher... but that is precisely why I never too art lol.
Anyway they both look awesome, can't wait to see the finished project!
Yes, you just do a simple sketch before you start painting so you kinda know where every thing goes. :) I once saw some original Norman Rockwell Paintings (Awesome I know!) and you could totally still see his pencil work under the paint. It was so need...like seeing him in progress! :)
Neat...I meant neat...Not Need.
Post a Comment