Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Happy Birthday to Tessa!

Tessa is four! I can't believe she is four. She has gotten so big.
She is such a good girl, and a big helper, and a sweet big sister. And if you know Tessa, you know that she is SO excited for life. She is just EXCITED. (Which I knew about her when I was pregnant with her-believe it or not!)
This year she has been really into Mermaids...ever since the Barbie Mermaid movie came out.
So this year she asked for a mermaid cake. (Actually she has been asking for a mermaid cake since Maggie's birthday 3.5 months ago.)
Bare with my while I toot my own horn. I am pretty proud of how this cake turned out. It just looked so cute, and I managed to not mess anything up! I'm really enjoying making my kids birthday cakes, and trying to make them super special. There have been mishaps...like the rubber ducky who's head slid off and made him look like he was throwing up. But for the most part, I have learned a lot about cake decorating, and have made my kids feel pretty darn special, which is the point! So yay for awesome cakes!
She knows how old she is! She demanded for about a week that she is turning 3, but I think she finally got it!

Here is when we caught Tessa snooping through her presents. Stinker.
(Remember when you were a kid and things took FOREVER to roll around, and you were so excited that it physically hurt...well that was Tessa today.)
Opening presents! FINALLY!

Princess tent from Us.
Making a wish
Blowing out her candles
After the party I let her eat the fruit roll ups off the mermaid. It was hilarious watching her try to eat it.
I think she had a great birthday. She was happy, and enjoyed her cousins, and got spoiled rotten.
We all sure love her! She is an amazing little being, and I love her with all my heart!

3 comments:

Kami said...

What a super cute cake. You did a great job! :)

Leslie said...

Awesome cake!! I can't believe Tessa's four either. Please tell me Tralee will never turn four. Why can't kids stop growing?

Necha said...

Oh Leslie...I SWEAR she got twice as sassy the day she turned 4. I wish I could keep her little forever, but apparently that isn't in the cards. I guess I probably do need her to grow up and take care of me when I am old, so I will try to look at it from that angle.