We are planning on re-doing the kitchen after Christmas. I am not a fan of the carpeted floors, or the apartment size kitchen. HOWEVER, I love the kitchen. It is my favorite room in the house. The fireplace is so cozy, and I just feel like cooking and listening to Frank Sinatra or Louis Armstrong. (Which I HAVE been doing by the way.)
I love our bedroom too. The paint color turned out perfect. It still needs a few home-y touches but it's lovely all the same! The only thing that scares me are the mirrored closet doors. I have seriously covered my head at night when Josh is gone so that Bloody Mary doesn't get me. Yikes!
The girl's room is empty also-except their bed. I am decorating it for their Christmas present. Wish me luck in my first decorating adventure!
What more can be said about the play-room, it's a play room.
The family room is Josh's favorite. He has some major childhood love of basements. He has always wanted a basement. It's full of unpacking clutter at the moment, and it has gorgeous 70's shades and a hillbilly light fixture, but I do love it too. It's got that relaxed basement feel that just makes you want to cuddle and watch movies all day! :)Now you have seen our house. It's been a crazy two weeks of moving in! I had our little 1st ave. house all unpacked in 2 days-completely organized, and I had a new preemie baby just home from the hospital and on oxygen. I REALLY thought it would be the same thing this time...boy was I wrong. I learned that when you have a little house, and all of the boxes are RIGHT on top of you-you HAVE to unpack them to move around the room. But here, I have to walk what feels like 5 miles out to the garage to get just one box, and pack it all the way in, and back up the stairs. I keep laughing at myself. It's also SO much harder to keep clean. A bigger house just gets even messier and it takes more time to clean it! :) But we are happy and loving it here.
Josh is making me add more....He said "You forgot 4 bedrooms and a laundry room. It looks small." Well to that I say this-no I didn't. I left out 3 bedrooms and a laundry room. One of them is the office which is full of boxes. And the other two are basically empty...scattered with boxes. And we have a laundry room, and a second kitchen in the basement, and a food storage room as well. But I think if you would like to see every detail of the house then you will come over for a visit. I am not planning on taking pictures of every corner of the house. :) I love my husband. But he is very silly sometimes!
(Muah hunny. I love you!)

2 comments:
I LOVE it! I LOVE the fireplace in the kitchen as well! You do realize you'll have to post more pictures when the furniture arrives! So, you might as well add the other pictures you left out of this post when you do that! :) Then. . . when you re-do the kitchen you'll have to post MORE pictures of that. I CAN'T WAIT!! I LOVE it! Congrats on your new home!
Wow. Congrats. It's a very BIG house! :)
Post a Comment