...To Grandmother's House We Go!
I took a few days last week to go down to see my grandparents. My dad had taken a week off work, and so I met him there. Josh couldn't come, but the girls came with me. I think they enjoyed it. They were a little scared of "Great Grandma and Grandpa," but they warmed up a little as you can see. Tessa played with my Grandpa, giving him hugs, and giving him five.
Four days before I got there, they told Aunts and Uncles that they didn't think my Grandma would live through the night. She has had pneumonia, and she wasn't doing very well. But the next day she was doing better, and has been doing progressively better each day. These pictures are of her on the first day I got there, but on the third day she was up and sitting in her chair. I even got to feed her a little. The girls were a little shy of her, especially Maggie. She would say "Scaaared," every time we tried to get her to talk to them. But Tessa was "interested from a distance." Above is a picture of my dad and Tessa singing "I am a child of God" to my Grandma, and below is a picture of Tessa holding my grandma's hand.

1 comment:
I love your autumn backgound! So glad you got to visit your grandparents; creating memories for a life time! :)
Post a Comment