Sunday, September 27, 2009

My Grandma...

My Grandma, Thora Platt, died today. Her son gave her a blessing, and told her she could go, and five minutes later she passed.
Several months ago she had a dream that it was time for her to go. She cried all day, and was inconsolable. She didn't want to leave her husband behind. My grandpa told her, "Thora, OF COURSE you are going to die before me! Because I AM NOT going to go and leave you here alone!" So I guess my grandpa won that fight. But he's always been pretty stubborn so it's no surprise to me! :)
I was there to visit them last week, and I was impressed by their love for each other. My grandpa would not leave his wife, not even to go down the hall to church. (They are/were living in an assisted living center.) Just before she died, he got up and gave her a kiss. They have been married for 66 years.
I will miss my grandma, but I will see her again! :)
Above is their wedding photo taken in 1943. I am not sure when the one below was taken.

2 comments:

Kami said...

I am sorry for your loss! Thanks for sharing!

Mel & Annette said...

Families are truly forever!