Sunday, September 20, 2009

This is the home of George and Thora Platt, my grandparents. They have been married for 66 years, and lived in this house since1945 when Grandpa got back from the war. This is where they raised all of their 8 children, including my dad.

-the back yard, and garden
-Grandpa's old shop
I love the smell of Grandpa's shop; I could play in there for hours! There are so many treasures in there! When I was in there the other day I found an oil can just like the Tin Man's, and when I pushed it, oil squirted out with just that exact same sound that the Tin Man's did! And my favorite thing to do was to walk across the wood creates that are in front of the work bench. I love how they squeak when you walk on them. Last time my dad went down I had him "steal" me a set of skeleton keys. I always loved those too! Grandpa had dozens of them hanging in there!

-the barn (or cow house, as Tessa called it.)

I thought my siblings would enjoy these pictures!

1 comment:

Mel & Annette said...

thanks for sharing your memories!