Sunday, August 9, 2009

The Platt Family Reunion, and an Addition to the Family

This is Edgar.

Edgar is the newest addition to our family. We were planning on getting him about five weeks ago, and he is finally here! YAY! He joined our family at the Platt family reunion, when we got him from my brother Brandon and his wife Mandi. Their poodle Miyah had puppies and we wanted one to come home with us to be Winston's brother. (Literal brother-since we got Winston from Miyah as well.) But as you all know, Winston died before he got to meet Edgar. They would have been good buddies. I wish I could have seen them together. But I am pretty sure I will have them together-someday! :)

Edgar is a playful little puppy, and he fits us well. I think he really belongs in our family!
The girls love him. Maggie will only call him "Puppy." The puppy on the left is Edgar, and the puppy on the right is Edgar's brother. I nick named him Porky because he is a lot bigger than Edgar. Edgar was the runt of the litter. I actually had my eye on "Porky" but when I went to go see them a few weeks ago I fell in love with Edgar. He came right up to me and licked my hand and sucked on my fingers. He just felt like "my puppy." Sorry Porky that I didn't choose you, but I still think you are adorable. (By the way, Maggie is kissing "Porky" and not biting him!)
The Platt Reunion

Okay so changing the subject to the Platt reunion...we had a lot of fun. The whole family was there-except Joseph who is on a mission. We went to the Uintas and had a really fun time. It is so nice to have the family together all at once! That only happens once a year-ish. Also my cousin Jade and his wife Dot came up with their family. It was very relaxing and fun.
On Friday we all drove up to Provo Falls. It was so pretty! Josh stayed behind with our napping children...or so I thought. He isn't in the picture, but he showed up a few minutes later with the girls.



Then we went to Mirror Lake. Ben and Shawn jumped in, and it was VERY cold.

Ben brought a pinata up from Texas. The kids loved it. Here are pictures of the girls taking their turn whacking it!

Here is a picture of the whole family. Jade and Dorothy took the picture. The only other person that was there was Carissa's brother Kyle. (Shawn's wife's brother.) Also Amanda's husband Ben couldn't make it. We sure missed him!

Here are some cute pics of the girls:


I also need to tell this story. Tessa was playing by the river, and I went over to get her. Garrett was standing there fishing with his boys, and Tessa would not leave. I told her I would go make her some lunch, and then I said to Garrett, "If my daughter falls in the river with you save her?" He said yes. Five minutes later there is some commotion and they yelled to the camp (about 50 ft away-I am not good with distances) that Tessa had fallen in. I went and got her, and she was crying and soaked. Garrett said she slipped and fell in, and that she just laid there, not moving. He said she was only in the water for 5 seconds, but that as soon as he grabber her she let out a scream. I guess she was in shock from the cold water, and the fall. It was pretty deep where she was too. She was pretty traumatized, and we stripped her down and got her warm. Then I held her for a long time wrapped in a blanket. I am SO SO SO glad that Garrett was there. I don't even want to think of what would have happened if he wouldn't have been there. Garrett is a hero!!! (But if Garrett wouldn't have been there I wouldn't have let her be by the river either...just so you know.) She didn't want to go by the river much after that. She kept saying, "I don't want to go swimming." So there is a scary story for you. ekk!

Tessa and her cousin Hadley (Brandon's son) were too cute with their little puppies. Hadley loved the puppies, and would ask me every 2 minutes if he could hold Edgar. It was very cute.

(By the way, "Porky" is still for sale if you are interested in a little black toy poodle.)
This is Jade and Dot.
Brandon and Mandi and Family
Our Family

Sorry to the rest of you that I didn't get a good family picture of you. I didn't think to do that until the last day when everyone was gone. SORRY!

It was a lot of fun. We need to do that every year!!! :)

**And to those of you wondering where we got the name Edgar-Well, I didn't think it sounded quite right to have a dog named Winston and a dog named Spot. I thought he needed an old fashioned name so he would sound fitting next to Winston. So I thought of old guys from history...lol. I had to read a lot of Edgar Allan Poe stuff in High School and College so that name came to mind. It just kind of fit. I get weird looks whenever I tell anyone his name, but I don't really care. He is a dog, and I can name him something weird if I want to!! lol. :)

1 comment:

Kami said...

love the pictures. Your girls are so cute. I love the picture where they are standing by the river together! Keep up the blog. I love reading it!