Saturday, August 22, 2009

My New Sleeping Buddy...slide over Josh!

Ya know, some people are dog people, and other people just aren't.
I am.
I love my new puppy. He is my newest child. He is pretty fond of me too. He follows me everywhere I go. (He is laying beside me right now!) And when he is scared he runs to me. I love that. I love that I am his mommy and he knows it.

I love that dogs just love you-no matter who you are or what you look like or how clean your house is or what your religions is. They just love you. Simple as that.

Edgar is a new kind of therapy for me...well, the same kind of therapy that Winston was. No wonder why they say pet owners live longer. I believe it! Just petting a dog makes me happy...I swear they could run tests and I bet that when I am petting a dog my body produces that hormone that makes you happy.

I was talking to a lady I know in town the other day, and she has a little black poodle too. I was petting her dog and I noticed that she had a "service dog" collar on. So I asked about it, and she told me that her dog was a therapy dog...just for her. That way she could take her everywhere with her, even on air planes. She told me she could get me the information, and Edgar could be my own "service dog" too! I said "Heck ya! I need the therapy!"

Loosing Winston has made me realize that I always want to have a dog around. The funny part is that when we got Winston, he was my first dog, and I was actually surprised that I loved him! I didn't know people loved animals! I mean I knew they loved them like, "Oh it's so cute." But I didn't realize until I had a dog that people could actually love them like they love other people. Sounds dumb, but it was a shocker to me! Now I am a total dog person, and I can't imagine my life without a dog. Dogs complete me.
lol.

(Emily I know you are laughing because of that time as kids that I was running back and forth across the street screaming while a puppy chased me!)

No comments: