Saturday, September 13, 2014

Tessa's Baptism

 Tessa decided to get baptized at the end of last month. We were so very proud of her. It was a big day for her, and one I hope she will never forget. When it was all over she told me she wished she could do it all again because it had been such a wonderful day. It's hard to explain, but I saw that little spark in her that day. She knew it was a special day. She felt it.


 Her dad baptized her which made her extra proud.

 She got baptized with several other kids, but one of them was her cousin Allie. I love this pic of them.
 One of my favorite parts of the "service" was when Tessa and the other 3 children got up and sang for the congregation. They had the sweetest little voices, and it was one of those moments as a parent where you don't think you could ever be prouder. Their little songs was one of the sweetest things I have ever heard.


And this is a picture I just had to throw in. The left picture is me at my baptism. Right is Tessa at hers standing in the same spot, 25 years later. Josh was also baptized in the same font. -Just kind of a special little memento.

Tessa's baptism was amazing, not only for her but for me as a parent. It was an exciting and spiritual day. She felt it, and I think the rest of us felt it and saw it in her. We are so proud of her!

1 comment:

Kami said...

Awww. What a great day! :) I love her dress!