Monday, January 13, 2014

Ice Skating

 Last week, before we started school back up after the long break, we decided we NEEDED to go ice skating. We don't do it nearly enough! I don't know why because I quite enjoy ice skating, and the girls love it once they get over their initial fears. Josh-he likes it I guess. Just not as much as me. 
I grew up ice skating on this very pond! I actually used to teach ice skating lessons to "tots" (little kids), and I worked in an ice arena in college. It was a lot of fun.
 Every time we go skating the girls are scared and won't let go of us for the first half hour. Then they get brave and venture out. Tessa is a worry wart, and the first thing out of her mouth when we got on the ice was, "Do you see any 'Danger, Thin Ice' signs mom?" -Too many tv shows I guess.

We had a great time. It got very cold, and if our gloves were off for more than 30 seconds our hands started to freeze, but we had a great time, and hope we can make it back out there again this winter!

No comments: