My Step Mom is the most amazing woman on the planet. I love her like she was my own mom. She treats me like I was her daughter, and she treats my kids like her own grandchildren. (Which, to us all, they are her real grandchildren!)
For her birthday this month we decided to have a small surprise party for her. I wanted to make a cake that would make her laugh...so it had to be star wars!! (Her favorite!) I saw a cake like this on on Pinterest, and thought, "If there is anyone on the planet who would appreciate this cake it's Doreen!" So I made it.
In case you can't tell (Because lets face it...it's kind of sloppy) It's the garbage compactor!
She walked in and we all jumped out and yelled surprise. She loved the cake.
She let the kids help her blow out the candles, and then we all had cake and ice cream.
We are all thankful for Doreen. She does more for us than anyone could ever expect of her. She is a wonderful mom and grandma! We love you Doreen!!



4 comments:
I love the cake? How did you make the little people/star wars characters?
I just molded them out of fondant. I make my own fondant...its really easy. But I am not a sculptor by any means! I made some of them 3 times and still wasn't happy. Lol.
I think they are super cute! How do you make fondant? Will you share that recipe with me? or maybe post it on your blog?
Post a Comment