Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Sledding

I took this picture in a blizzard. It was so pretty outside that I went trudging through the deep snow to try to capture it!

 On Saturday we promised the girls we would take them sledding. They wouldn't let us forget! We had a very busy day that day. Josh and I had to go out with our ward auxiliaries to visit every home in the ward boundaries. It was a daunting task. Then we had a birthday lunch for my sister in law, and I had a Youth Fireside that night with Elder D. Todd Christofferson. So somehow we had to fit sledding in there as well! The girls told us we could not break a promise. So out we went...with only an hour and a half of day light left.
 We had a blast. The dogs had a blast casing us down the hill, and we got quite the work out in climbing up and down the hill.


 We feel pretty lucky to have a hill behind our house. (See our house? The brown one with the wooden fence?) In the summer we roll down it. In the winter we sled down it. And we enjoy the view of the pine trees, the hill, and the steam engine right out our windows. I think it's prettiest in the winter. There is just nothing like pine trees covered in snow.