We had a fun Halloween. We had a few bumps along the way with a sick child. Tessa was unable to go to school but she was well enough to do some trick or treating in the afternoon, although I didn't let her have any candy. But the girls enjoyed the festivities! They made the cutest pirates ever, in 30 year old costumes that my older brothers wore!
![]() |
| "Arrr! Give me all your gold!" |
![]() |
| Sword Fight |
Here they are trick or treating to Grandpa's.
And Trunk or Treating to Grandma's Car!
We got home just in time to get the girls to bed for school in the morning! It was a fun Halloween! They got WAY too much candy! But they had a blast! It was also the warmest Halloween I can ever remember having in Evanston. It was in the 60's! We had a lot of snow the week before, but it all melted for Halloween, and the kids were able to wear their costumes without coats and snow boots!! AMAZING! lol. But now that Halloween is over I will admit that I would like the snow to come back. :)
Halloween Carnival the Friday Before Halloween:
My work put on a little carnival for the kids the Friday before Halloween. I was in charge of face painting. But I did get to spend some time going around with the girls. Josh and I could NOT get them to put their hands in the "Mystery boxes" containing witches fingers, and brains and such.
They got to paint a pumpkin!
There were lots of little activities and games for the kids. They had fun!
And I painted their faces! They asked for butterflies with sparkles.
The next day, we met all of the family at Taggart's, our favorite restaurant, for dinner. Every year my parents give us gift certificates for Christmas and we all meet for dinner. The year was almost over and we still hadn't gotten around to going so we met for dinner. It was a really fun time! Not everyone could make it, and we missed them, but it was fun! .
And that was our week! Lots of fun with family and Halloween!











1 comment:
I love your girl's costumes!
Post a Comment