Wednesday, October 3, 2012

When Mom is Sick

 I've been sick for about a week with some unknown illness. During this time I did what any good mother does...I let myself and the house go! I didn't get dressed, I didn't cook anything, and I certainly didn't clean anything. We woke up in the morning and my sweet husband got the kids breakfast and told them to go play. I rolled out of bed whenever I felt like the kids couldn't go any longer without some supervision, and found them well...but in a mess! They loved it.
One particular afternoon, Josh was about to get the girls some lunch. They asked if they could make their own, which they have never asked before. I was sitting comfortably in the lazy boy in the kitchen, and I said "Let them. I want to see what they do." So they proceeded to make a fine lunch of PB and J's that hardly had anything in them. Ritz Crackers, Goldfish Crackers, and some cherry tomatoes. I think they did a FINE job!! They got everything down themselves. They did have us help them open the PB an Jam for them. And when they were done they cleaned up!
I also got a bit of pampering once I was feeling up to it....Maggie gives the BEST massages!! 

I survived my mystery illness, my kids survived very little supervision, and Josh survived the stress of juggling all of it and work! Go Team!

No comments: