Tuesday, October 23, 2012

First Snow Fall

 I woke up this morning at 7:00am, and there was just something different in the air. I knew it had snowed. So very unlike me, I got out of bed, well before I had to, to look out the window. Sure enough, in the still dark morning, was a fresh blanket of snow. Our first this season! So I did what any good woman would do...I went back to bed until the alarm went off.
At 7:30 I went in to wake up the girls, and the first thing Tessa said to me was, "Mommy, did it snow?" I told her that yes, it had snowed, and asked her how she knew. She said she heard some people talking about it at school, and she just felt like it had snowed. (So I guess I wasn't the only one who felt it in the air then!) 

The girls wanted to look out the window and see. They pressed their noses against the window and couldn't believe their eyes! They were so excited. The whole morning was filled with giggling and excited questions.
 Maggie wanted me to take a picture of her awesome hair. She got dressed, and when I took her in to do her hair she just started giggling and giggling about her hair.
 It was snowing pretty hard, and it sure looked pretty! I will admit that I am disappointed that it couldn't wait until after Halloween. We have an outdoor Halloween carnival on Friday, and then its never fun to trick or treat with a heavy winter coat and snow boots covering your costume. Maybe it will melt by then. But in the mean time it's very pretty, and very exciting!
And here are the girls all ready for school. 
Luckily we were ready with our snow stuff this year. I walked the girls to school, and was surprised that it was so deep. It was up to our ankles! The girls giggled all the say to school. Tessa stuck out her tongue to catch snow flakes. Maggie ran off to make snow angles. 
Winter is in the air.

2 comments:

Tom and Juli said...

It looks beautiful! Seriously though, if you ever want to get out of the Winter cold at all this year you should come visit me! There's super cheap flights from Ogden to Mesa (Through Allegiant) and you could stay with us! :)

Necha said...

Aww Juli! You are so sweet! Maybe someday I just might do that! :)