Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Making Applesauce

It's September now, and I love fall!
Also, I started home pre-schooling the girls, and so we have been learning about the letter A, and apples. This activity was actually part of their lesson today. They helped me make Applesauce!

I got this neat little gadget from my grandpa's house a year or so ago. My dad gave it to me. They still make them, but this one is very old...an antique! But it still works! Its an "Apple Peeler, Corer, Slicer." And it cuts the peel off in one long curly ribbon, and leaves the apples in a fancy spiral! It's way fun!
(I think Pampered Chef sells them.)

(Click on the picture to get a better view of the ingredients.)
Mash. (I used a food processor.)

1 comment:

Tom and Juli said...

How fun! I bet your girls had a blast! And the applesauce looks way good!

I've decided to home pre-school Arvilla too, even though she's a little young, but I just need more routine in her life or else I never get around to really spending time with her to teach her things. We're going to start with colors. :)