I got a flat of blackberries...just because it sounded fun. Then they got here and I had no idea what to do with them besides eat them. But there were way too many to just eat. So I figured I could make blackberry freezer jam! (Which by the way was AMAZINGLY easy to make.)
But then I ran into the problem of not having enough pectin to finish the blackberries into jam, and not being able to go to the store right then because my kids were napping. Plus I wanted some to make into other things...pies maybe?Doesn't Blackberry Cheesecake sound good?
I'll have to figure something out because I froze the rest of them for just such a recipe! :)

3 comments:
Those looke so yummy! :) Do you have a recipe for freezer jam?
Blackberry jam sounds so yummy! I just made apricot jam for the first time and I was surprised at how easy it is to do.
Kami it's easy. Actually it's in the instructions for the sure-jell pectin. It's just 3 cups mashed berries, 5 1/4 cups sugar, and one packet of pectin. SUPER EASY!!! :)
Post a Comment