Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Independence Day

We had a really amazing 4th weekend. All of my brothers and sister were in town. (Besides Joseph, who is on a mission.) And we just hung out and had a good time! I didn't remember my camera for a lot of the festivities, but I brought it to the fireworks.

I love how festive Evanston is on the 4th. We have very lax fireworks laws, and you can just sit on the hill and watch the town blow up millions of dollars worth of beautiful explosives. :)
Not to mention the city's fireworks show has gotten better. It's just perfect for a little family to go to celebrate our freedoms, and our great nation, and then go home and go to bed.
Maggie was terrified of the fireworks we let off at Grandpa's house, and she was cranky and nervous when we got up on the hill to watch the fireworks as well. But once the city fireworks started she lit right up. I couldn't stop taking pictures of her. She was being so cute!



Tessa laid on the grass with her cousins and watched the show.

It was a great 4th. I loved having my family in town.

2 comments:

Mr. and Mrs. P said...

Looks like you had a great 4th! Everyone looks so cute and happy :)

Patti said...

It's so fun to peruse over your adorable pics. Your page is so cute, too! I've been considering actually DOING something on my blog. I've not really used it to do anything since my college class. Anyway, thanks for the peek at the fam.