Thursday night I drove down to Richfield Utah, to spend time with relatives, and attend my Grandpa's funeral. I got to spend some time with him two weeks ago to celebrate his 93rd birthday, and then we went back to celebrate his life.
The viewing was Friday night, and most of the family was able to make it, including my brother Ben. Joseph couldn't be there because he is serving a mission. I love this picture of my Brother Shawn with our nephew Gabe. How cute!
The funeral services were wonderful. Beautiful tributes to Grandpa were given. I am sure he was there, enjoying all of the stories, feeling proud of the life he lived, and of all of his many posterity.Grandpa was in the military, and served in WWII. The Veterans of Foreign Wars, and the National Honor Guard did the military rights at the graveside service. That was pretty cool, but it was VERY cold.
And this is all of the family that made it. (excluding Doreen who is taking the picture, and some of the kids...mine slept in the car through the whole interment.) We are standing at Aaron's grave. Aaron is my brother who died when he was 11.
Below are some videos of the Graveside Service. I wasn't thinking, and thought my videos could only be 30 seconds. (I was thinking of my cell phone for some reason.) So I had 5 clips. By the last one I figured it out. Oh well. I added 3 of them.









3 comments:
Sorry to hear about your grandpa! Looks like he left behind a great legacy! :)
You know what I liked? Is that people were smiling... Funerals don't have to be all gloom & doom, ya know?
Sounds like it was a good service.
Glad everything was perfect
Post a Comment