Wednesday, April 15, 2009

The room is done! Hallelujah!!

Josh laid the carpet tonight...something he has never done before, and I think he did a mighty fine job!!
And as you can see, THE GIRLS LOVE IT!!
The first thing they did was run around in circles! They couldn't stop laughing! What a pretty new room for two pretty girls!
And I just have to brag about my crown molding. I did that! Josh put it up-which is the hard part...but I caulked it and painted it. Up close...not so good. But it does the job! I have never caulked!
Here are some pics of the girls running around the room!

They also rolled around and made snow angels. How can you resist on such plush carpet!
And of course there are a few minor touch ups that need to be done. Tomorrow we need to put the closet shelf in, hang the closet door, hang blinds, and touch up any little nicks we see. But the girls should be moving in tomorrow!
I had to add this one! Tessa just laid on her daddy bored to high heaven, waiting for him to be able to play with her in her new room! And Maggie loves the closet! It's just her size!

5 comments:

Mel & Annette said...

yeah! Can't wait to see it!

Naomi said...

wow it looks awesome! That's amazing that you guys did it by yourselves! I always watch HGTV and think that I can do things by myself... my husband just laughs at me :D I'm good at ideas but actually follow through and stick-to-it-ive-ness are NOT my forte!

Anonymous said...

yea now we can play!! call me!! we can play at my house too?

Cynthia said...

It looks great - how fun for the girls!

Mandi Platt said...

Lookin good!! We will have to come see it when we come there this weekend.