That's right! We are finally getting to the girls' bedroom! We started ripping the wall paper down as you can see, but quickly realized that there were billions of layers of wall paper, and rock board over lath and plaster walls. So the project was put on hold until we could rip the walls down and put up new ones. :) Bye Bye psycho hypnotic pink wall paper!
Look at that mess! I am a little more than slightly OCD. I can't handle living in a mess. Toys are one thing. But dirt and dust and mud from walking in and out in the snow...a whole 'nother ball game for me. Ask my husband. I am a wack job! Where are Kim and Aggie when I need them? (That is an inside joke for "How clean is your house" watchers. Only totally OCD people record that on their DVR, and watch it religiously!)
Matthew and my Dad came to help. I planned to stay out of the way, but when there is a mess I go nuts. I had to help be the sweeper. (Matthew, I am sorry that you somehow escaped the pictures. I have no proof that you really came to help! :) I do have a pic of Matthew helping on my cell phone if anyone doesn't believe me.)


And this is how messy it was. One hour in that room and we all look like we had been through the holocaust! Don't worry. We wore masks!
This is the current state that it is in. Josh is mudding and sanding. Then he can paint, do the trim, run the electrical, and lay carpet! YAY! Did I mention he built a closet. Now it is a "legal" bedroom for when we want to sell!Right now our bedroom has become the girls' bedroom. We put our mattress in the living room. The girls think sleeping in our room is cool, and having a mattress in the living room to jump on is the best!! I just want my house back. :)
Construction sucks. I may never do this again. That means I might be stuck with the granny wall paper in the living room. But Oi! I just don't know if I can do this again!
More on this when we return with the final results!

2 comments:
Can't wait to see it!
Your husband is pretty handy when it comes to all-things-construction. Come to think of it, your hubby is pretty handy at just about everything. When we lived closer to you guys, whenever we had a question about something Jim was like, "I'll just ask Beef." I can't wait to see the finished room! You'll have to post pictures. I also laughed when I saw the pictures of your three dirty faces. CRAZY!
Post a Comment