Sunday, July 6, 2008

Camping at New Fork (Kind of Long)

We left to go camping on June 28th and came back on July 3rd with Mathew and Sally and their family. (Matthew is Josh's brother in case you didn't know.) We had a blast. Josh and I both love camping, and plan to raise our family practically in the woods. We went up there last year with Tessa. Maggie was still in the hospital and it was hard for me to be away from her, but Josh forced me to take a little vacation, and promised to find me cell phone service so we could call the hospital every day to check on Maggie. I enjoyed it last year, but it was hard to be away from my baby. This year we were all there as a family and it was wonderful!
Here is Maggie on her first camping trip ever! Yay Maggie! She loved it, although probably not as much as Tessa. It helps if you can walk!

This tiny little picture is one that Matthew took of Josh and me. I don't like it but I threw it in so he wouldn't feel bad...There you go Matthew!
(Don't click on the picture or your computer will explode-seriously!!)
This picture cracked me up. I was trying to pose Tessa on a big rock to take her picture-messy face and all, and she just got sick of it. She didn't want to hear "Tessa! Look at Mommy. Smile for the camera!" anymore, so she plugged her ears and ignored me. (I think it's a precursor of what is to come in her teenage years!)
Well if I couldn't get her picture alone, Jonah was willing to help me out. Aren't they cute cousins!
Here are Matthew and Sally's kids roasting marshmallows.
Sally and Kaleb
Two Goofy guys making us breakfast
I just threw this one in because it was funny. It is Tessa with her face up against the mosquito net/tent thingy. I am going to black mail her with this one some day.
I took these two one morning when the sun was shining.
A day at the beach at New Fork

Last year the water was really cold and I wouldn't get in, but this year it was nice. Even the girls loved it. Tessa took some time to warm up to the idea of playing in cold water, but she loved it!
They both loved splashing in it!

This is the cutest picture ever. Maggie knew she was being photographed so she posed for me.
Here we are just getting back from a quick canoe trip.
This is me fishing at the beach. I have never fished before, and well, I didn't catch anything. Maybe next year!

This is me fishing with Tessa right over the hill from our camp.
This is the last day we were there. We had to get at least one picture of the whole family!! We only took about 260 pictures on this camping trip...and this was the only one of our whole family! What were we thinking!
*Now, if you remember the post I made a week or so ago, you will remember that I was complaining about Josh never taking pictures of me. I think we all teased him enough about it that he actually took more pictures of me than I took of him! Good Job Josh! Next time make sure the pictures are of me on days where I get to shower and wear make up! LOL

2 comments:

Mel & Annette said...

Looks too fun. I loved Tessa plugging her ears. I want to get a family camping trip going. What do you think?

Cynthia said...

Thanks for all the pictures - Your girls are so cute!