Originally I wasn't going to dress Maggie up. We didn't dress Tessa up when she was first home. But my sister-in-law lent us this little pumpkin costume and it fit Maggie perfectly. She looked so cute!
We decided to just take the girls trick-or-treating to the county buildings where Josh works and then around to people we knew. I thought that I was doing this for Tessa's sake...because every little girl wants to go trick-or-treating! But in the end I realized that I was only doing it for me.
Let me talk about Tessa and then I will get back to the story. Tessa was a Kangaroo. We tried this on several times before Halloween. She loved to look at herself in the mirror, but I don't know if she really liked having something on her head. Check out how dirty the mirror is...that is from her kissing and patting the mirror.
Trick-or-Treating started out fine. But since we were only going around to people we knew, we had to drive there...which meant getting in and out of the car-seat many times!! Tessa was not having it! And she was also not happy that we wouldn't let her eat every peice on candy as soon as she got it. After a while we gave up, and went to the my dad's ward's Halloween party, just in time to hit the end of it. When we finally got home, Tessa layed on the floor and sobbed. She was tired and sticky from head to toe. We popped her right into the tub, and then straight to bed! I guess as a mother you fantasize about how your children's first "this or that" is going to be. For me it was the usual...they were going to be excited and happy, and cute as ever. But it didn't exactly work out that way. I guess I will have to wait until they are older and actually care! I wonder how Christmas will turn out!!
1 comment:
Your little girls are so cute! They're looking more and more alike. I can't believe Tessa's walking! As soon as Maggie gets a little older, I bet people will think they're twins! They practically are twins! You all look so happy, I'm glad everyone is happy and healthy! YEAH!
Post a Comment