Josh had surgery on his knee about 2.5 weeks ago. It was his first surgery EVER, and his first time being put under. It was a strange experience for me, being the caregiver. I have always been the one in the bed, with 10 surgeries under my belt. While I would prefer that neither of us ever be in that position, I will admit that I would much rather be the one getting surgery. I know that simple knee surgery is nothing to worry too much about, but the thoughts that go through your head about what could happen to your spouse, well it's just all very disconcerting to say the least.
Josh is feeling much better. I was surprised at how quickly he healed. He was trying to do more than I thought he should within a day. The girls were super cute taking care of him. And I think overall it was a positive experience, and Josh's knee is no longer bothering him from his initial problem. (A torn meniscus.)
Hurray for healthy bodies and Amazing Medical Professionals! :)


No comments:
Post a Comment