Sunday, September 8, 2013

Labor Day Camping Trip

I brought a few crafts for the girls to do while we were camping. We knew the boys were going to be off getting wood, so I planned ahead! The girls had been wanting to build a fairy house all summer, when they caught me looking at them on pinterest. So we finally got around to it! They loved it!
When we found our camp spot, there was a teepee already sitting there for the kids to play in!
The girls had fun making forts in the trees.

We went on a few little hikes.

Me and the girls
We play tons of games when we go camping. Our new favorite is Screwy Louis
We took an afternoon and drove up to Whitney Lake. We threw rocks in the river, and I tried to teach the kids how to skip rocks. Josh drove his RC boat. We got muddy. It was fun!

Maggie fell down and hurt her knee, and while consoling her, and handing her off to her dad, who was in the truck, I suggested that he let her drive...so he did! I remarked that I remembered my dad letting me drive on his lap on some of our camping trips. The girls loved it! They thought they were so big!

The girls doing another craft
We had a great time! Wish the summer wasn't over so we could go again!

No comments: