![]() |
| Josh and I on our 9th Anniversary...ready for our date! |
Josh and I celebrated 9 years of marriage this week, and I knew just what I wanted to do for our anniversary. I've been planning it in my head for months...actually years. Josh has been talking about this little hike he used to do all the time with his friends in high school. He said that sometimes they would head up there at 10:00 at night. So I have been begging him to take me for a couple of years, and the time finally came.
Now I know this is NOT your typical anniversary get-a-way. But if you know me, then you know this is much more appealing to me than a trip to a fancy hotel/spa/etc. (Not that I have ANYTHING against fancy hotels and spas. Love those too! Just love hiking more.)
Josh told me it was a short little hike in-One mile. No problem. Most of the hiking I have done in my life has been more like 17 miles. He told me it was mostly up hill, but I figured it was just a mile so I'd be fine. Well...I was fine, but we had to stop and rest about every 10 yards. (Ok that might be an exaggeration.) But it was gorgeous and totally worth it.
There were tons of little waterfalls all along the trail. You have to look closely in the pics (above and below) but they are behind us.
Finally after what seemed like 5 miles of sprinting up a steep mountain, we finally made it to Bourbon Lake. I was expecting it to be ugly, because Josh kept telling me it wasn't that great. But when we got there even Josh was amazed at how pretty it was. He said, "Well it was always dark when we got here, so I didn't see it like this." (But didn't you see it in the morning? How could you not remember how pretty this little place was!?)
There was this gorgeous little mountain right there, and right at the base of it is a pretty little lake.
It was SO quiet. You couldn't hear the road, or other campers (because there weren't any), or anything. The lake was still, and all you could hear were the fish jumping, woodpeckers, and the little stream that flows in and out of the Lake.
We did nothing but relax. We ate dinner, played in the water, hiked around a bit, and just hung out! It was glorious! :)
The next morning we got up, and we both just went and sat on that log (The one in the pic above) and we just sat there and stared at the mountain and the lake, just sitting there in silence. I kept singing the words to "For the Beauty of the Earth" in my head.
We packed up, and headed back down! But along the way we stopped to "play" in the little waterfalls.
It was a wonderful trip, and the most memorable anniversary I've had so far! Here is to 9 more wonderful years with my husband!










No comments:
Post a Comment