Wednesday, May 23, 2012

9 Years and Going Strong!!!!

Yesterday, May 22, was the 9 year anniversary of my kidney transplant!!
We celebrated on the 21st with a BBQ at Dad's house. I made kidney sugar cookies. We wore our kidney t-shrits that we always wear on "Kidney Day." It was a great day! It's fun to look at all that has happened in my life in the past 9 years that wouldn't have been possible without my dad. I have a wonderful life. I'm happy. I have the most wonderful, loving, supportive husband in the world, and I have two beautiful children that I just couldn't imagine my life without. I have the world. :)
Thank you Dad for giving me that.
 Here we are after the Transplant, walking the halls, which they made us do every few hours. We hated it. lol. 

Also, for those of you who would like to know, I called my doctor yesterday and asked about my last lab results. They were AWESOME!! Creatinine is a 1.6. That is the best I have ever seen it in my whole life. :)
(Normal for a regular person is 1.0. For a kidney transplant patient normal is 1.8-2.0.)

1 comment:

Tom and Juli said...

What good news on your lab results. I cannot read anything about your kidney transplant without bursting in to tears. You are so strong and so blessed!