I very rarely crave sweets but tonight, after a bath I was lounging in my pj's and a robe watching tv with my husband when suddenly I just wanted a cupcake. Well ladies and gentlemen, I did not get a cup cake, but I DID get the next best thing...cake in a cup. (Same thing right?)
So as I sat there craving cake at 10pm at night I knew I wasn't going to be making cake...until I remembered something I saw on pinterest! It's called 3-2-1 Cake. Actually it was called 1-2-3 cake but I like 3-2-1 Cake better. It's SO easy!
So as I sat there craving cake at 10pm at night I knew I wasn't going to be making cake...until I remembered something I saw on pinterest! It's called 3-2-1 Cake. Actually it was called 1-2-3 cake but I like 3-2-1 Cake better. It's SO easy!
So what you will need is a box of Angel Food Cake, and then any other cake flavor you want. I had Devil's Food on hand, but any flavor you desire. But the other one MUST be Angel Food Cake. You also need a mug. (Not a cute little one like I have in the pic...get a bigger one...I'll explain later...)Mix together the two cake mixes and store it in an air tight container. I just dumped them into a Rubbermaid container and shook.
Now here is where the 3-2-1 comes in.
Mix 3 TBS of the cake mixture in your mug with 2 TBS water. Stir well.
Then throw it in the microwave for 1 min.
(Get it? 3-2-1!)
And wa-la! Cake!!! Top it with whipped cream or frosting or even some fruit. One serving of cake in 1 min. AWESOME!Now two things:
1. This really does only make ONE serving. ONE REAL serving. If you are like most people you will want like 3-4 servings. Tonight I had two. :)
2. You can't use a cute little tea cup for this because if you do when you open your microwave it will look something like this:
The cake totally bubbled over the top of the mug. It only looks pretty in my pictures because I removed the cake from the 1st tea cup and put it in the pretty tea cup for the pics. (I'm sneaky like that.)
So really you are going to want a "regular" size mug. It won't fill it up all the way with cake, but it bubbles up really high during the minute of cook time, and then settles down about half way!So I hope you enjoy this! I know I did...it was a perfect little bedtime snack. I also know I'll be using it when my kids ask for dessert. They have started asking me, "Mom why don't we ever have dessert?" So now I have an easy quick dessert to bribe them to eat all of their dinner with!
Enjoy!
No comments:
Post a Comment